On Friday we told you that The Reporter newspaper reportedly received an email with a message and a ransom request to be delivered to the family of Omero Campos. The email was from Campos’ alleged kidnappers. Campos has been missing since June 17th, more than a month ago, when he left his home in San Narciso , Corozal to go to his farm; but he never returned. The following day, his family reportedly received a request for a million dollars to secure Campos’ release. On June 28, eleven days after Campos disappeared, it was reported that a ransom request had been sent via a media blog, asking for 20 bitcoins, equivalent to five hundred thousand dollars. According to the Reporter newspaper, that media house received an email which says, “He is alive, safe and sound. Pay 5 bitcoins now and we release Omero Campos immediately or Omero Campos dies without further reference.” The Reporter newspaper reportedly received another email this morning from Campos’ alleged kidnappers informing them that Campos’s time is running up. Today, ACP Myvette was asked to give an update on the alleged kidnapping. Here is his response.
ASP. Joseph Myvette, OC of NCIB: The police has not been furnished with that email but we are still doing our investigation in relation to that.
Reporter: And then again that email specified that Mr. Campos was given 48 hours and then again this morning we got another email that the 48 hours is already up. Are you aware of that?
Reporter: Sir, after that incident the family was being monitored around the clock. Are you still doing that?
ASP. Joseph Myvette, OC of NCIB: Yes, we are still doing our investigation and there is regular coordination with the family.