Orange Walk police say no other party responsible for Cervantes murder

On Wednesday we reported on the released recording of a telephone conversation, purportedly with wanted fugitive Manuel Castillo and the wife of the murdered 71 year old Ramon Cervantes Jr. In that conversation, the person claiming to be Manuel Castillo, told Mrs. Cervantes that the murder of her husband was the result of a contracted hit on her son, Ramon Cervantes Jr., but the hired killers got the wrong Cervantes. The man made incredible claims that implicated a Minister of Government and senior police officials.

vlcsnap-2014-11-06-05h09m58s56vlcsnap-2014-11-06-05h10m04s107vlcsnap-2014-11-06-05h10m12s172vlcsnap-2014-11-06-05h11m43s56On Thursday, the Orange Walk Police said that police investigation has proven so far that no other party, apart from wanted person Manuel Castillo and his accomplices, are responsible for Cervantes’ murder. Additionally, P.C. 743 Javier Alvarez who apparently sold a Police Service handcuff to wanted fugitive Manuel Castillo has been placed on disciplinary charges; (2) counts for Prejudice to Good Order and Discipline and has been interdicted from duty since 26th September, 2014.

The police say that no other evidence has surfaced to determine anybody else’s involvement in the kidnapping and murder. Police are again appealing to the public to contact the nearest police station if they have any information that could assist in bringing Manuel Castillo to justice.

Sources tell PlusNews that on Friday the Cervantes family plans to hand in to police the recorded telephone conversation with the man claiming to be Manuel Castillo.

About the Author