On Monday February 4th we told you about a three year old who had perished in an early morning fire in the Corozal district. Her mother 40 year old Ramona Cabrera, also received 1st degree burns on her face, back and 2nd degree burns to her left and right arm. Ramona Cabrera has now succumbed to her injuries while undergoing treatment at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital at 9:00 am yesterday morning. The incident took place in San Narcisso village, sometime around four o’clock that morning. 40 year old Ramona Cabrera was sleeping with her three year old daughter when she was awakened by fire on her mattress. Ramona attempted to pull the mattress out of the house but ended up getting first degree burns on her face and back and 2nd degree burns to her left and right arm. Reports are that on being burned, the mother ran out of the house, leaving her three year old daughter inside to get help. But it was too late. The entire 22feet by 26feet board house became engulfed in fire with the child inside. By the time fire officials got on the scene and managed to get inside the building, 3 year old Danely Shaniri Guadalupe Cabrera had been burnt to death. The house did not have any electricity and the cause of fire is suspected to be from a candle.