Child did receive anti-venom medication at Western Regional Hospital

vlcsnap-2013-02-27-18h12m30s127Last night we told you about 11 year old Monique Moro, who died after being bitten by a poisonous snake. In an interview we aired last night, it was mentioned that the Western Regional Hospital, where she was first taken did not have anti-venom to administer to her. Plus News understands that report to be; not so. We spoke with one of her family members today who informed us that the hospital did indeed have the anti-venom – the child was given 6 vials of the much needed medication. A respirator was the only piece of equipment that was not available. There were also issues regarding the time it took for the  Ambulance to arrive and take the child to KHMH in Belize City.

About the Author